Overview of the Role
The client portfolio at MKG Marketing is growing and we need someone to support the existing SEO experts on our on-page and content strategy-heavy accounts.
You will be assigned tasks, through our Asana project management tool, to support the SEO experts with keyword research and strategy, on-page optimizations, and content strategy.
Key Skills Required
- Keyword Research and Strategy: Experience using industry-leading tools such as BrightEdge, Google Search Console, and Bing Webmaster Tools to perform extensive keyword research and recommend strategy to our clients.
- Content Strategy: “Quarterbacking” our technology clients on what content to create, building content outlines with keyword research/SEO best practices, and working with copywriters to optimize new content. During the interview process we will ask for examples of Content Strategy you have built – please come prepared.
- On-Page SEO: Ability to dissect every optimizable element to provide on-page optimizations that will help increase the search engine results page (SERP) ranking for that URL.
- B2B Technical Brand Experience: Before you’re able to make a single recommendation you need to learn our client’s business and this isn’t always easy for people outside of technical industries. Ideally we’d like candidates who already have knowledge of our client businesses. Examples include container management, blockchain, server virtualization, Big Data, etc.
- BrightEdge Experience: We are a BrightEdge agency. We use it for all our SEO clients to track keywords, analyze current website performance, and to make new recommendations. We need someone who knows how to use all aspects of the platform.
Specific Measures of Success
- Follow-through: Completing the cycle of keyword opportunity discovery, recommendations, and reporting success.
- Comprehensive and Critical On-Page SEO Eye: We want to see your critical eye on a page. What’s the user intent supposed to be? How does that reflect keyword targeting?
- Understanding: You can talk about the client’s products / solutions completely. We have some complex tech clients so you’ll need to make sure you understand what it is they do in order to support the SEO team in research and recommendations.
- 5+ years of On-Page SEO experience
- 5+ years of Content Strategy and Marketing (can overlap with existing SEO experience)
- BrightEdge certified and active practitioner
- Ability to work remotely a requirement
- Ability to join one weekly call to touch base with team
- Own computer/work station
- Access to a good internet connection
- Experience using Screaming Frog and SpyFu